Jeelan Basha Shaik
Married: Mahamooda; Muzaina Saadia (daughter), Mohammad Maaheer (son).
Hobby: telugu music.
Address: Department of Bioorganic Chemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, Wroclaw University of Technology, Wybrzeze Wyspianskiego 27, 50-370 Wroclaw, Poland
Phone: +48 71 320 33 02 Fax: +48 71 328 40 64
2016 - Ph.D. Department of Chemistry, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa, A.P. India under the supervision of Prof. A. G. Damu.
Title of thesis: “Synthesis, spectral characterization, physiological assessment of oxygen heterocyclics as multifunctional anti-Alzheimer agents and unraveling their binding mechanism with Acetylcholinesterase”
2005 – M.Sc. Department of Chemistry, Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Ananthapuramu, A.P. India
- Design and synthesis of small molecules for their bio-activity, SAR studies, and molecular binding and molecular docking studies
- Bio-guided isolation, structural elucidation of natural products of plant origin and evaluation of their biological activities.
- Design and semi-synthesis of artificial congeners of bioactive natural components and their structure activity relationships studies
- Molecular interaction and molecular docking studies of bioactive compounds with target enzymes to determine their mechanism of action
2006-2010 - Department of Chemistry, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa, A.P. India
2016-2019 up to March - Department of Chemistry, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa, A.P. India
Worked as Project Assistant in Fast Track Project entitled “Search for novel class of potent and selective plant natural products based inhibitors of Hormone Sensitive Lipase (HSL), an enzyme of potential importance in the treatment of Diabetes”. from Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India, New Delhi, Sanctioned to Dr. A. G. Damu, Department of chemistry, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa A.P. India
- Jeelan Basha Shaik, Daniel Pushparaju Yeggoni, Yelamanda Rao Kandrakonda, Mohan Penumala, Raveendra Babu Zinka, Kasi Viswanath Kotapati, Mark Manidhar Darla, Dinakara Rao Ampasala, Rajagopal Subramanyam, Amooru Gangaiah Damu, Synthesis and biological evaluation of cyanoacetamide derivatives of flavones as potential multi-target-directed anti Alzheimer agents and investigation of binding mechanism with Acetylcholinesterase. Bioorganic Chemistry, do i.org/10.1016/j.bioorg.2019.102960.
- Jeelan Basha Shaik, Ramakrishnan Ranjani, Kandrakonda Yalamanda Rao, Damu Amooru Gangaiah, In Vitro Hormone-Sensitive Lipase Inhibitory And Antioxidant Activities, Phytochemical Screening Of Methanolic Extract, And Its Fractions From Solanum Nigrum. Indian journal of advances in chemical sciences, 2018, 6(4), 1-7.
- Shaik Jeelan Basha, Penumala Mohan, Daniel Pushparaju Yeggoni, Zinka Raveendra Babu, Palaka Bhagath Kumar, Ampasala Dinakara Rao, Rajagopal Subramanyam, Amooru Gangaiah Damu, New flavone-cyanoacetamide hybrids with combination of cholinergic,antioxidant, modulation of β-amyloid aggregation and neuroprotection properties as innovative multifunctional agents for Alzheimer’s disease and unraveling their mechanism of action with acetylcholinesterase. ACS Molecular Pharmaceutics. 2018, 15 (6), 2206–2223.
- P. Mohan, Z. RaveendraBabu, S. Jeelan Basha, M. Suresh Kumar Reddy, V. Ramakrishna, Damu Amooru Gangaiah. Phytochemical profiling and in vitro screening for anticholinesterase, antioxidant, antiglucosidase and neuroprotective effect of three traditional medicinal plants for Alzheimer’s disease and Diabetes Mellitus dual therapy. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2018, 18:77.
- P. Mohan, Z. RaveendraBabu, S. Jeelan Basha and Damu Amooru Gangaiah. In Vitro Screening of Three Indian Medicinal Plants for Their Phytochemicals, Anticholinesterase, Antiglucosidase, Antioxidant, and Neuroprotective Effects. BioMed Research International, 2017, doi.org/10.1155/2017/5140506.
- Shaik Jeelan Basha, Palaka Bhagath Kumar, Penumala Mohan, Siddartha Eadlapalli, Darla M. Manidhar, Ampasala Dinakara Rao, Ramakrishna Vadde, Amooru G. Damu, Synthesis, biological evaluation and molecular docking of 8-imino-2-oxo-2H,8Hpyrano[2,3-f] chromen eanalogues: New dual AChE inhibitors as potential drugs for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease, Chemical Biology & Drug Design, 2016,88, 43-53.
- S. Jeelan Basha, P. Bhagath Kumar, P. Mohan, K. Kasi Viswanath, D. Subba Rao, E. Siddhartha, D. M. Manidhar, A. Dinakara Rao, V. Ramakrishna, A. G. Damu, Synthesis,pharmacological assessment, molecular modeling and in silico studies of fused tricyclic coumarin derivatives as a new family of multifunctional anti-Alzheimer agents, European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 2016, 107, 219-232.