Born: 14.10.1987, Delhi, India
Hobby: Travelling, Photography, Cooking, Electronics, Collecting vintage watches
Address: Department of Bioorganic Chemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, Wroclaw University of Technology, Wybrzeze Wyspianskiego 27, 50-370 Wroclaw, Poland
Phone: +48 71 320 40 80 Fax: +48 71 328 40 64
2019 PhD in Life Sciences, CSIR-Institute of Microbial Technology, Chandigarh, India; Thesis Title: “Targeting Sirtuins: Computational, Medchem, Biochemical and Structural Biology Approach”, Supervisor: Prof. Raman Parkesh.
2012 MSc in Biotechnology, Madurai Kamaraj University, Tamilnadu, India; Thesis Title: “Mutational Analysis of G6PC in patients with Glycogen Storage Diseases Type Ia in India”, Supervisor: Dr. B. Ashokkumar.
2009 BSc in Life Sciences, Hans Raj College, University of Delhi, India.
2019-present Department of Bioorganic Chemistry, Wrocław University of Science and Technology
2018-2019, Junior Scientist, DBT-BIRAC funded start-up project, incubated at KIIT-Technology Business Incubator, Bhubaneswar, India. Project Title: Venom derived drugs for multi drug resistant-tuberculosis (18 months).
Bioinformatics, Epigenetics, Biochemistry, Molecular biology, Chemical biology, Medicinal chemistry, Computer-aided drug discovery, and Structural biology.
Awards and fellowships
- Awarded CSIR- Senior Research Fellowship during 2014-2017.
- Awarded CSIR- Junior Research Fellowship during 2012-2014.
- Recipient of Fellowship under Science Academies' Summer Research Fellowship Programme for the period of May-July, 2010, jointly conducted by Indian Academy of Sciences, Indian National Science Academy and The National Academy of Sciences, India.
- Awarded Scholarship (2010-2012) from Department of Biotechnology, Government of India.
- Awarded Rs. 500 by Sanskrit Academy at state level for securing 99% marks in Sanskrit in All India Secondary School Examination (AISSE), 2003, conducted by CBSE.
- Loharch S and Parkesh R. (2019) Epigenetic drug discovery: systematic assessment of chemical space. Future Med Chem. 2019 Nov 8. doi: 10.4155/fmc-2019-0096. [Epub ahead of print]
- Loharch S, Karmahapatra V, Gupta P, Madathil R, Parkesh R (2019) Integrated Chemoinformatics Approaches Toward Epigenetic Drug Discovery. In: Mohan C. (eds) Structural Bioinformatics: Applications in Preclinical Drug Discovery Process. Challenges and Advances in Computational Chemistry and Physics, vol 27. Springer, Cham.
- Loharch S, Bhutani I, Jain K, Gupta P, Sahoo DK, Madathil R, Parkesh R. (2015) EpiDBase: a database for small molecule modulators of Epigenetic Landscape. Database (Oxford) pii: bav013.
- Dkhar HK, Gopalsamy A, Loharch S, Kaur A, Bhutani I, Saminathan K, Bhagyaraj E, Swaminathan K, Gupta P, Parkesh R Agrawal P. (2015) Discovery of Mycobacterium tuberculosis GlgB Inhibitors by Structure and Ligand Based Virtual Screening. J Biol Chem. 290(1):76-89.
- Bhutani I, Loharch S, Gupta P, Madathil R, Parkesh R. (2015) Structure, dynamics and interaction of Mycobacterium tuberculosis (Mtb) DprE1 and DprE2 examined by molecular modeling, simulation and electrostatic studies. PLoS One 19;10(3):e0119771.
- Mehta A, Sonam S, Gouri I, Loharch S, Sharma DK, Parkesh R. (2014) SMMRNA: a database of small molecule modulators of RNA. Nucleic Acids Res 42: D132-141.